Home Inspection Report
Home Inspections of Puget Sound
Client - XXXXXX
Agent - Susan Smith
8811 15th Place SE, Bellevue 98006
Your report number is xxxxx. If we can answer any questions please have
your report number for us so we can find your report.
If you have any questions, please call us. Thank you!
JJ Greive - Washington State license #469
Home Inspections of Puget Sound
- Windows with blown seals
- Loose toilets
Deferred Costs (likely to need repair or replacement within 5 years)
- Handrails are not graspable, (over 2.5" wide) hazardous for
children and elderly - deck and landing stairs handrails
- Auto closure hinges on the garage service door need to be
- Hot water heater - 2004
- Furnace - 2000
Suggested additional online resources
- Soil to wood contact will lead to wood decay and if not corrected
will cause structural damage noted @ siding.
- Gapping mortar/bricks - repairs necessary
- Balcony gate opens over staircase without a proper landing (front)
- Front balcony is not bolted to the structure - needs support
- Downspout to drain - overflowing and puddling - back of house
- Gutters are overflowing
- Rafter tails have water damage
- Damaged door sweeps on base of garage doors
- Minor paint imperfections on front door
- Recommend a tray and alarm under washing machine.
- Clean out dryer venting and maintain every 5 years.
- Pocket door to laundry room - slightly scratched
- Powder room - toilet is loose - needs to be pulled and re-set
- Guest bath - toilet is loose and water stains around the base of
the toilet /slow drain in sink
- Keep grout/sealer and caulk in good repair, leaks will cause
hidden damage (especially horizontal surfaces)
- Master bath - door does not catch /gapping grout in shower
surround at window
- Office - broken outlet cover
- Living room - window has a broken seal
- Family room - window has a broken seal
windows make it difficult to detect broken seals on double pane
windows. Recommend all windows be cleaned and a glass contractor
evaluate and estimate replacement(s)
- Master bedroom - windows with broken seals
- Nicks, scratches, cracks, nail pops, stains, dings on walls and
millwork throughout - typical of a home of this age
- Recommend carbon monoxide detectors on all floors and 10' from
- Must have working smoke detectors (and/or batteries), replace all
batteries and replace any defective units
- Sweep chimneys prior to first use.
- A wood and paper debris should be removed from crawlspace, it is
a conduce condition for structural pests.
- Improperly notched beam in crawl space
- Water shut off is in the crawlspace and is dripping
- Slow drains noted @ guest bath sink.
- Water temperature is low, should be 120, measured temperature @
- Proper earthquake straps for water heater needed.
- Recommend blocking to secure the hot water heater with straps
- Recommend a carbon monoxide detector be installed in the vicinity
of gas appliances
- `Fan forced electric wall heaters require occasional
- Recommend HVAC contractor to service furnace.
- Recommend a gas shut-off tool be tethered to the gas meter.
- Fresh air supply duct is collapsing under the vacuum of the
- Improper duct work straps on duct work in crawl space
- Rodent traps in the crawlspace were noted
- Sewer scope was performed. All plastic drain pipes. No issues
noted. Full report will be forwarded.
- Lint fire video
- Cadet heaters