Gutters, Downspouts, Grading and Splash Blocks
Picture | Next Picture |
| Inspection Gallery
|This is a picture of damaged fascia cause by a leaking gutter.
Gutter systems are a critical element in preventing moisture damage to the structure. We inspect gutters, downspouts, grading and
splash blocks. This is a good example of why gutters must be maintained. Make sure all gutters are cleaned usually 2 times a year, more depending on the number of trees dropping debris, etc.
Read more maintenance tips in our home
Moisture in contact with wood can lead to damage by wood
Back to our Homepage
A gutter system helps protect against excessive moisture, but only if it is properly designed and maintained.
- Overhangs are recommended to be at least 18 inches wide. Drip edge
flashing should be installed at the roof edge.
- Gutters should be cleaned, inspected, and repaired
- Downspout to drainpipe systems are preferred for removing
rain water from the gutters. Make certain they are clear of debris.
- Clay tile or flexible pipe should be used to conduct gutter
water underground to a suitable release outlet at least 10 feet downhill and
away from the house.
- Suitable release sites from downspout drainage systems are
storm water drains, dry wells, or surface outlets.
our Homeowners Library for more valuable information
Area ASHI Home
Serving Seattle, Tacoma, Everett Olympia
and all of King, Snohomish, Pierce, Thurston Counties