First | Previous
Picture | Next Picture | Last
| Inspection Gallery
inspection of this furnace, it was determined to be over forty five years
old. It did not fire from the thermostat and we found that the
power was switched off. When it
was turned on a noticeable smell of combustion gasses was evident in the
home. We shut if off and turned off the breaker at the panel.
It had a cracked
heat exchanger and the furnace needed to be replaced. If this
furnace had been used, it is likely to have released deadly carbon
monoxide gas into the home. As furnaces age and get closer to
their expected lifespan, having annual checks are highly recommended to
keep you and your family safe.
We recommend all homes with combustion appliances have carbon monoxide detectors
See our Homeowners Library for more valuable information